Price Skin Care Clinic is a comprehensive skin care center offering both medical and aesthetic interventions and treatments for conditions of the skin, hair and nails.
Dr. Price and his staff are dedicated to providing patients with excellent medical diagnosis and treatment of common skin care concerns including but not limited to skin cancer, acne, psoriasis, rashes and eczema.
The center also offers state of the art aesthetic products and procedures to minimize the signs of aging and undesirable skin blemishes.
Patients who come to the clinic experience a warm, inviting environment that is set apart because of the excellent team of caring and qualified staff and providers.
Providers Richard M. Price, MD and Jena N. Smith, NP-C
Dr. Richard Price
Dr. Price is board certified in Family Medicine. He has also completed a comprehensive two-year fellowship in dermatology. He received extensive specialized training in medical, surgical, and aesthetic skin care under Dr. George Farber at Kenner Dermatology Clinic in Kenner, Louisiana.
Dr. Price completed his Family Practice residency at University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi in 1996. He practiced Family Medicine for ten years in Jackson and Greenwood, MS.
In addition to his medical training and career, Dr. Price has a B.S. in Pharmacy from the University of Mississippi.
He also spent two years in Ukraine developing a mobile medical ministry to meet the physical and spiritual needs of an oppressed and underserved people group. He had a vision to offer medical care in areas of this post soviet country where there was no doctor. His efforts resulted in thousands of Ukrainians receiving medical treatment and medications to which they would not have had access.
Jena has extensive experience including critical care, medical-surgical, home health, administrative/management, medical weight loss, and psychiatric and addictions nursing. Jena has also worked as a medical writer, researcher, and editor for Hurst Review – our Nations best nursing board preparatory course. She was published in 2008 in Hurst Reviews Pathophysiology Review by McGraw Hill.
Jena now specializes in skin care and received her training under Dr. Richard Price. She has been with Price Skin Care Clinic since January 2011.
- Jena was one of only seven nurses nationwide and the only nurse in Mississippi to receive the Paul Ambrose Health Promotion Student Leadership award – a National Honor for her work in child passenger safety and received a grant from the Association of Teachers of Preventative Medicine. Washington, D.C. She laid the groundwork for the child passenger safety program at St. Dominic Hospital and wrote the first patient education materials on child passenger safety for new parents.
- United States Achievement Academy National Collegiate Nursing Award for outstanding achievement. National Honor.
- United States Achievement Academy Collegiate All-American Scholar At Large Division Award for academic excellence. National Honor.
- Micro-grant. Association of Teachers of Preventative Medicine. Washington, D.C.
- Manchester who’s who Executive Professional Women in Nursing and Healthcare.
- Honors graduate
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Charter Member: Tau Eta Chapter
- MNA – Mississippi Nurses Association
- ANA – American Nurses Association
- AANP – American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- DNA – Dermatology Nurses Association